Saturday 12 December 2009

Who am I

What is life? No I am not talking about life as plants have life or something. From the canteen of workers to seminars of professors it can be a question to be discussed and it can come in many forms.

The answers are mostly more subjective than objective. Lets research in a reluxed way the question who am I? I am to some extend who I wanted to be. But on the other hand what I wanted to be was shaped by the time. I am a product of the reaction of me (what I by my DNA etc.) and every thing else what is ‘not-me’. How far I am free and I can say I am the master of my decision? Even when I am rebellious against a social, political norm my very rebellious mentality is a product of the society. I can break one social norm to make another one. Is there any absolute anarchy? So we can say that we don’t go against the society or in other words we ourselves are the society. We go against the authority. Haha it’s all power game ya?

Lets put our feelings of freedom in another test. Whatever we are doing is actually a result of the chemical reaction in our body. We feel love because of the chemical change in our body. I see a beautiful person and feel attracted. The light (reflection) of a particular person gets into my eyes and then reaction in the body and it turn me on. I am just a result of some chemical reaction. I am just a more sophisticated version of my car! I put fuel then I ignite, energy creates, it runs. Boooo

Some friends started to lose consantration. i might be making making the conversation unnecessarily sophisticated. Before i loose the floor i have to change the topic. Lets try some more practical issue. Like we believe that we are free to choose what we choose for us. Thus if I choose to smoke, does the society ( the authority in power) can come and say no? No they can not. I can do whatever I want to do as long as it does not hamper any body else. But if I get ill I will be shy to go to the council for benefits or something. Hahaha. No no it’s not a good argument. We can say we can do whatever we want to do as long as it does not harm others. If I want to have sex with my chair I can as long as it does not harm others. If you see me in the super store I am kissing my umbrella pasonately do you have any problem? I think you don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment